Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One is NOT enough...

Yesterday I woke up and got ready for the day only to discover, via my wife, that our pipes in the basement were clogged and in need of clearing. So I grabbed my 'snake' and started to work to clear the clog. Well, things were going good until I couldn't put the 'snake' out of the pipes-it was stuck and I pulled and pulled but to no avail!!! I needed help...

In that moment it got me thinking about our walks with Jesus...how often do we try and navigate through the 'pipes' of life to only got stuck and no matter how hard we try we can never get free-stuck solid.

Just like I needed help with my plumbing-even if it was just word of encouragement and support-we all need help from others around us in our spiritual lives. You see, we have been created to live our lives with others; NOT in isolation. It is within community where we grow, strive and flourish-without others around us we get stuck with life's little situations and there is no one to help us out or celebrate in times of joy and success!

Have you ever been 'stuck' in a situation and there was a friend to help you out? Have you ever refused help to break free on your own?

Here's to living life with others and walking through the good, bad and clogged up pipes together!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments: