Friday, August 7, 2009

Identity Rolercoaster

I am intrigued at how one's identity (including myself) is so tied to the actions and performance of one's life. I see my significance and value a lot of times based how "good" I perform; whether it be in ministry, athletically or social interaction. If I can live a "good" life and more importantly others perceive that I am living a "good" life then I feel good about myself.

This view is SO tainted and the ups and downs of emotions and thoughts is too difficult to bare. If you are a "doer" as I am and tend to take your value and significance based on what you accomplish and who you are is tied to those accomplishments. I want to challenge you with how the Father views you-how He loves you unconditionally regardless of what you do, good or bad. The Father's love never changes based on your actions and when our identity is fixed in Christ that frees us up to live for the Father in the love and grace He has provided.

How have you tied your value and significance to your performance? Do you take your self worth from how you live your life?

2 Corinthians 5:14-15

No comments: