Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Simple Things

I am always amazed at God provides things, even the small things, for people. Whether it be a cup of coffee or a meal or check to cover unpaid bills. I catch myself asking, "really God, you care about me and my small issue? Aren't there thousands of other things You should be dealing with right now?" Why would the God of the universe care if I get a free coffee or pay that one bill that cost $41.23? Than I sit and think and a sense of awe comes over me...the God who created me and everything out there cares about me, little me, a speck in comparison to the rest of the world. While sitting in my office this past week, I had one of these moments and my perspective and view of God grew. I know that I already limit Him in so many ways, but for that moment till now and from now on, my view of how Great and Majestic God is got bigger. I know that my view is still very limited and I will probably never truly grasp how great God is, but for now that view is growing.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you realize that God is so much greater than you thought, that His love and compassion for you and others is not distant but near? That He is taking the initiative with you and pursuing you...the God who created the heavens and the earth even cares about the simple things...

No comments: